Hodson's Colombian Adoption Journey

This blog will document our journey in beginning our family through a Parent-Initiated Adoption from ICBF in Colombia. We will mark the stages and key events along the way as well as blog frequently from Colombia after we receive the call of our lives.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Mid April Adoption Update - Apr 18, 2006

Well since our last post we have been working on every possible document that you might be able to imagine, but things are progressing well so far. Tomorrow we will have our first session of our Pre-Adoption classes at the Barker Foundation. John has just completed his autobiography that will help the social worker get to know a little of our background before the interviews begin and Monica is working on her's and will be done soon.

As soon as these last few documents are completed and we begin our classes we can begin the Home Study Interviews which will proceed over several weeks also alowing for time for the socail worker to write the extensive report that is needed. So overall, things seem to be going on track at the moment so we are just going to keep pushing forward and fucusing on the outcome.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:29 PM, April 18, 2006, Blogger Cherhell said…

    I guess I should consider you "expecting!" Congratulations! I'm very excited and proud about your decision. This is a wonderful thing you are doing! Can't wait for the updates.

     
  • At 11:02 AM, April 19, 2006, Blogger Miss Shy said…

    JohnIca,
    I couldn't be happier for the both of you. I can not think of two people who deserve to be parents more than you. I love you both dearly and I can't wait to meet baby hoyos-hodson when he/she makes his first trip home to be with his mommy and daddy.

     
  • At 9:50 AM, April 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear J & M,

    Greetings from your former ODU roomie and Portsmouth! Monica may or may not remember that I am adopted and know very well, the miracle that adoption is, so I want to wish you both every happiness in your preparation for your baby's 'special day', the day you bring her or him home! I celebrate my actual 'birthday' but my parents have also always made it a special point to recognize the day my adoption was finalized and I came 'home'!

    I'm sure it doesn't seem like it now, but before you know it, you will be celebrating that VERY special day, the day you become a family!

    Much love to you both,
    Lynette Gilmour
    ps-my wedding is 1 wk from sat! Oy!!

     
  • At 9:55 AM, April 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey John and Monica:

    Very cool that you are doing this. We are praying for you guys. If we can do anything to help, let us know!!

    Sunny & Jamie
    jay.mcgann@gmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home