Hodson's Colombian Adoption Journey

This blog will document our journey in beginning our family through a Parent-Initiated Adoption from ICBF in Colombia. We will mark the stages and key events along the way as well as blog frequently from Colombia after we receive the call of our lives.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Cathedral de Sal in Zipaquira Colombia





Today we visited "La Cathedral de Sal" outside of Bogota. We drove about an hour outside of the city with Jaime and Rosario to the Salt Cathedral which was built inside of a salt mine that has been in existence for centuries before the Spanish arrived. We walked about 200 meters down into the mountain and along the way are areas different crosses and statues carved into the salt rock. It was something amazing to see and the photos just don't do it justice because of the darkness of the cave. Gabriela was her typical relaxed self and slept on Monica's chest in the Baby Bjorn for all but the last 15 minutes of the hour and a half long tour.

Tomorrow is a holiday here in Colombia so pretty much everything is closed for the day, but I'll be working as usual tomorrow and then I'm sure we'll find a way to enjoy the evening and the city that has been our temporary home for the past four plus weeks. The photos tonight include a lovely shot of Mami and Gabriela just before she fell asleep on our way into the salt mine, two from inside, and one from outside looking out over part of the town below and the mountains in the background.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:41 AM, October 16, 2006, Blogger amyjett said…

    ok, now i want to come back and do some more siteseeing with gabriela!

     
  • At 12:55 PM, October 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey guys,
    The pics are great and Gabriela is such a cutie! It makes me long for the day I can visit my country again. By the way, Gabriela and I are both Bogotanas so I know she is a great person! ;-) I'm so glad to see everything is progessing nicely and looks like you will be home pretty soon, yay! I can't wait to meet Gaby! Monica-Un saludo especial para ti por tu cumpleaƱos mija. Yo se que lo pasaste estupendamente. Us beso y abrazo muy fuerte de tu amiga que te estraƱa muchisimo. See you all soon and keep those pics and videos coming, I love them!

    Mireya
    P.S. Monica-Tom says hi.

     
  • At 2:24 PM, October 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! I go out of town for a few days and miss out on all the newest posts! I missed my Gabriela fix each morning, so I'm glad to have access to my computer again.

    I'm happy to hear things are moving along and that you are now offically Gabriela's legal parents. Hope you get good news about your Cedula soon. We miss you!

    Take CAre,
    Tia Beth

     
  • At 2:34 PM, October 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I absolutely LOVE the picture of Mami and Baby...you are both BEAU-TI-FUL!!!!

    Antoinette

     

Post a Comment

<< Home