Hodson's Colombian Adoption Journey

This blog will document our journey in beginning our family through a Parent-Initiated Adoption from ICBF in Colombia. We will mark the stages and key events along the way as well as blog frequently from Colombia after we receive the call of our lives.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

On Our Way!!!!????!!!!

Well, Monica is now officially in the air on her way to Bogota. Her flight left a few minutes ago from her connection in Miami and we are at least a little bit calm for the first time this crazy week. Tomorrow morning, Monica and our lawyer are going to have a meeting to get her Cedula (Colombia ID) application processed expedited for her. They feel they can get it done quickly and be able to give her a cedula number or temporary cedula soon and then get her the actual cedula as quickly as possible.

They seem to be wonderful people who want to do what is best for a family trying to come together.

I went to the Consulate in DC this morning to drop off my application for my Visa. I brought my father in law with me as I was a bit worried that it was going to be difficult. The whole thing took about 3 minutes from when we walked in the door. I had everything already filled out and all of the documents that they asked for (and some extra just in case), and I'm supposed to pick up my visa on Monday!

We have our appointment now at ICBF to receive Gabriela Sophia on Thursday, ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!

Everything is so crazy!!! But our families and friends have been amazing and are stepping up left and right to help us out.

Thanks again to everyone for all of your support and help, we are really so greatful for everything.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:56 AM, September 18, 2014, Blogger Unknown said…

    John,

    I know this post is 8 years after the fact, but my wife and I are in Colombia and having issues with them processing her Cedula. I noticed you mentioned having a lawyer help to expedite the process. Do you happen to remember how that process worked (i.e. who would I contact down here).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home