Hodson's Colombian Adoption Journey

This blog will document our journey in beginning our family through a Parent-Initiated Adoption from ICBF in Colombia. We will mark the stages and key events along the way as well as blog frequently from Colombia after we receive the call of our lives.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

What a crazy roller coaster ride!

Ok so the lastest update is that Monica just spoke with our lawyer who has spent all day trying to make things happen for us. Well, she wants Monica to fly down to Bogota tomorrow so that she can meet with the right person for what we need on Friday morning. After pleading our case and showing them how we have done everything by the book and the referral for our little baby girl; they are going to try to get Monica's Cedula for her in record time. It looks like I am going to be going down to Bogota as early as next Wednesday so that we can be united with our daughter on THURSDAY NEXT WEEK!!!!!

I'll have to scramble to get my visa and everything else ready and let's just say I'm not the spontanious one so I'm freaking out a bit but I know that I'll be fine once we have her in our arms.

This doesn't mean we are over the challenge, but it is good news and we just want to keep building off of that good news.

Good luck to everyone!
John & Monica

9 Comments:

  • At 8:18 PM, September 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Holy cow! Things are moving so fast for you guys! She is absolutely beautiful and I am glad you got to use both of the names you liked. I am so excited to finally have someone to use the pink booties I have been trying to knit for months! I know this has been a long journey for you and I am so happy your dream of a family is coming true. Send lots of pictures soon! Love always, Mary

     
  • At 9:34 PM, September 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    God is good! And has blessed all of you. Gabriella Sophia is beautiful and I can't wait to meet her. Good luck with your travels, I know it will all be great!

    Love,
    Mireya

     
  • At 10:15 PM, September 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amazing news!! What an adorable litle chunky monkey!:-) I am so happy for you two and for her. Omar, Kamilah, Eric and I can't wait to meet her...Kamilah thinks the two of them could get up to some good mischief together!

    God bless!

    Love,
    Antoinette & Family

    P.S: If you need ANYthing, don't hesitate to call.

     
  • At 10:59 PM, September 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CONGRATULATIONS!! Wow, I have tears in my eyes right now. Thank you so much for sending me the link to your blog. I am going be checking all the time for updates. I am just so happy and excited for you both! Your baby girl is BEAUTIFUL! She has a great set of parents to love her. I am praying hard for you both. For a safe trip, that everything goes smoothly with Monica getting her Cedula and with the other legalities of the adoption, and that you are united with your daughter SOON. We will miss you while your gone. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm not going anywhere until you get back here with little Gabriela!! I just have to meet her in person. Enjoy every moment with her. Savor each and every one. Love, Kristy (your neighbor)

     
  • At 9:40 AM, September 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    she is the most beautiful thing in the world. your daughter!!!!
    I almost cried when I saw her picture on your website!
    love the name. Best of luck with the upcoming journey and think of great thoughts!
    My prayers are with you and your family. Can't wait to meet the little one!

    love,
    Charmaine

     
  • At 9:59 AM, September 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Honestly you guys, here I am crying at my desk again! Mary D. sent us the blog link this morning - I am so bad at reading stuff online! I was in Babys R Us last night and I almost bought a pink fur coat for your baby but didn't want to jinx anything. I have a secret addiction to baby girl clothes. Come home soon so I can start pretending to Bob that I didn't buy these Elmo slippers for myself. Hugs and kisses for the adventure!

     
  • At 1:03 PM, September 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey guys,

    Felicia and I are praying that everything turns out OK. You guys are the best so I have no doubt she will be in your arms sooner than you think.

    By the way, we'll be in Mexico tomorrow so I can just swing by and pick her up for you. Just let me know. COD only please. Major credit cards accepted.

    JT

     
  • At 4:17 PM, September 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YEAH!!! Congrats again. She is beautiful. I was worried the adoption people would have seen John's picture and givin them Stone Cold Steve Austin's baby.

    Let us know if we can help in any way.

    Best of luck!,
    Eric & Patti Salzman

     
  • At 5:32 PM, September 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a cutey pie!!
    Mandy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home