Hodson's Colombian Adoption Journey

This blog will document our journey in beginning our family through a Parent-Initiated Adoption from ICBF in Colombia. We will mark the stages and key events along the way as well as blog frequently from Colombia after we receive the call of our lives.

Friday, September 08, 2006

The Air Up There....

Well I heard from Monica last night and she is safe and sound in Bogota now. I was worried about her because she does have asmah and she is a bit on the high energy side so going slow and taking it easy are not her style. She told me that she was a little winded at first but is doing fine and was heading to sleep early.

She is going with our lawyer today to meet with the people who are helping her with her Cedula so please keep her in your thoughts and prayers that everything goes well.

I also called this post "The Air Up There" because I'm definitely feeling the effects of, let's call it emotional altitude right now. I'm on cloud nine on one side, but I'm also very anxious and stressed about getting everything ready for my trip and everything. So I'm a bit winded myself and probably not sleeping very much, but how can I when I can't get the face of my daughter out of my head? I can not wait to see her in person, I look at the photo over and over and I keep trying to find something that helps me to actually begin to know her.

Thank you all again for all of the shared excitment and warm wishes, we really appreciate it so much.

John

1 Comments:

  • At 1:26 PM, September 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so glad to hear that Monica made it safely. I will keep praying that everything else goes easily as well. Of course you can’t get your daughters image out of your head. It is just all so amazing! Don't worry, your going to know your daughter so well before you know it, just you wait and see. I’m super excited for you both! I just can’t wait to hear about you meeting her!

    Always in my thoughts,
    Kristy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home