Hodson's Colombian Adoption Journey

This blog will document our journey in beginning our family through a Parent-Initiated Adoption from ICBF in Colombia. We will mark the stages and key events along the way as well as blog frequently from Colombia after we receive the call of our lives.

Friday, September 15, 2006

First night, good night...




After a long day for Gabriela without a nap and not able to keep anything down for very long, she finally decided that it was time to rest. She slept from about 11pm to 5:30am and Monica and I slept although lightly about the same amount of time.

She woke up this morning a bit refreshed and ready to start with some light amounts of milk and delicate foods. She had a morning bath and breakfast and mid morning snacks went very well. We later went for a walk around the neiborhood with Monica's cousin Juan Carlos who showed us where the 24 hour drugstore and all of the resaraunts are located.

Monica had her in the Bjorn and he was very happy to see the world around her with those big brown eyes. She has begun to attached to us both, however much stronger with Monica so far. I am happy to see her attaching so quickly and that Monica's touch can bring her so much calm so fast. Gabriela and I have had some wonderful moments as well, like this morning when she slept on my chest for about a half hour or so.

Several of Monica's cousins have already been to the hotel to visit with her and as you can see, those eyes have everyone in love with her.

We are trying to put her down for a nap right now and she has other plans, but we are working on it. Until later, all is "chevere".

8 Comments:

  • At 4:45 PM, September 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG! I just want to kiss those cheeks! She is really so adorable. And those eyes are going to get her things she wants. LOL! I'm so glad to hear she slept well, is doing better today and that she is attaching to you both.

    I get tears in my eyes everytime I look at her with you both. It is so awesome!

    Kristy

     
  • At 5:23 PM, September 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    New Mami & Papi,

    Can't believe you already got to take her home, I thought it was just a visit and in a few weeks you got to take her home. That is sooo sweet!! To tell you the truth, as my mom always told me once you become a parent you will sleep lightly forever because you will alway wonder how your child is. It's a good thing! I love to watch Anabella sleep at night, she's an angel and I'm sure you look at her when she's sleeping and think, wow, God has sent us a little angel and she's ours. You both light up with her in your arms and she now has a smile on her face because she knows she will always be loved and secure with her mami and papi. Always thinking of you!!

    Love you three,
    Melli, Stephen & Anabella

     
  • At 6:37 PM, September 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG! Such a cutie! We can hardly wait for our chance to hold her.

    John, I have a feeling you're going to have two women wrapping you around their little fingers.

    Nana

     
  • At 8:27 PM, September 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have great big tears welling up in my eyes as I write! She is really precious and I just can't wait to meet her. You both look so happy and proud of your little girl! I hope you post more pictures soon.

    Love
    Tia Beth

     
  • At 8:32 PM, September 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We all pictured a beautiful family in our minds but none of us could have imagined this! What a beautiful baby!!! Our family is so happy for your family!! Love you guys!

    Justin, Amie, & Spencer

     
  • At 11:19 PM, September 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so happy to see the additional pictures of you three, I have goosebumps! I am glad to hear that you get to be together already and that you are bonding. Gabriela is so adorable...I love the picture of her with her hair down...her eyes are so captivating. Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

    Looking forward to [um...craving is more like it :D] seeing more pictures and reading your updates.

    Love,
    Antoinette

     
  • At 4:14 PM, September 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yea! I'm so happy for you THREE. :) She looks so lovely! Did I already mention, "Yea!"? Well just in case, YEA!

    I wish you all the best, and I can't wait to meet my niece. :)
    Love,
    Tio Jim

     
  • At 10:08 PM, September 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Monica and John, you all look so absolutely happy and Grabriella is soo sweet! I'm so happy for all of you! Can't wait to see you!

    Love,
    Mireya

     

Post a Comment

<< Home