Hodson's Colombian Adoption Journey

This blog will document our journey in beginning our family through a Parent-Initiated Adoption from ICBF in Colombia. We will mark the stages and key events along the way as well as blog frequently from Colombia after we receive the call of our lives.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Let's go for a walk...


In the neighborhood we are in, we can get to pretty much everything we really need in a short walk. Even short enough for me to do on my old knee. This afternoon, after spending a nice morning working, drinking coffee and playing with Gabriela in our apartment; we decided to take a walk to the park which is about 3 blocks away. Well, Gabriela decided that it was time for a little sleep on the way there so we kept on walking. Later we met up with Rosario at a coffee shop in a mall, then we walked to the store for wine, crackers, cheese and Spanish ham.

It was another wonderful day here with Gabriela. She is doing so well although she is really starting to feel those teeth coming in but we are doing our best to help her through it. This morning she spent about two hours on the floor (on a clean blanket) with several of her favorite toys and she is really trying to push herself toward them and although she can't really move forward yet, she can rotate herself around on her tummy about 180 degrees or so.

Not that this was going to have been in doubt but Monica is really a natural mother already and Gabriela is so comfortable with her. It is really beautiful to see them together. She did fall asleep in my arms again in part due to my singing; which I can't say for sure is a compliment to my singing, but I like to think that I have a little fan.

I'll hopefully be able to post tomorrow how things are going with our papers through the court that our adoption has been assigned to. I should have more information tomorrow so anything that affects or hints at our timing, I'll be sure to post.

Well, I'm going to keep it short tonight because it is very late. We all hope that everyone is doing well at home and we miss everyone and we'll hopefully see everyone soon.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:13 PM, September 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    glad to hear the new family of 3 are adjusting beautifully. I told you guys you would be amazing parents. I enjoy logging in every couple of days to see what's going.
    Frozen bagels are suppose to be good as little teethers?!

    take care
    Charmaine

     
  • At 8:43 PM, September 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Mami & Papi,

    Glad to hear all is well with Gabriela. :) You guys are very lucky to be able to take so much time off to enjoy her and bond. Sounds like it's all going great. I had told Monica not to stress that being a mother will come naturally. God bless you three!!! Enjoy!

    Love you three,
    Stephen, Melli & Anabella

     

Post a Comment

<< Home