Hodson's Colombian Adoption Journey

This blog will document our journey in beginning our family through a Parent-Initiated Adoption from ICBF in Colombia. We will mark the stages and key events along the way as well as blog frequently from Colombia after we receive the call of our lives.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

First Peluqueria.... Hair Salon!




It's pretty late at night and we are all exhausted; but today was another great day with our beautiful daughter. She doesn't like being hot at all but you have to keep small children bundled pretty well here when the sun isn't out and her hair was always making her very hot so today we took her for her first haircut (that we are aware of) at the salon (peluqueria) where Monica's cousins go. They did a very nice job of cutting her hair for all of $10,000 pesos which is a little over 4 dollars. Later that day when Monica went back to the salon for her own hair cut and style, one of the women there filed Gabriela's nails for her. She is going to be expensive one day I tell you!

Otherwise it was another great day and I'll just post some more great before, during, & after pictures from her haircut.

7 Comments:

  • At 7:54 AM, September 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That Face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just want to eat those cheeks up! And the haircut shows off those cute little pierced ears.

    Have you guys decided to do any traveling? I'm jealous - I would love to see more of Colombia.

    Have Fun!
    Tia Beth

     
  • At 12:30 PM, September 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah John & Monica,

    Last night Chris and I looked at this blog in detail. We are so excited for you guys. Gabriela's is so precious. We can hardly wait to be in your shoes.

    Remember what Hilary said about the weather...don't over dress her. : )

    Take care
    Olga & Chris

     
  • At 12:45 PM, September 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Monica - she is so beautiful! You look so happy and relaxed. I miss you but I am so happy that this is all working out for you.

    Keep having fun!

    Karen L

     
  • At 1:30 PM, September 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You can see already that you make a good mommy! You two obviously have a connection.

    We miss you!!!

     
  • At 4:07 PM, September 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The pictures are beautiful. I had to go out of town for a few days to Mississippi :-(. I had NO coverage or email access, so I wasn't able to read the blog daily. But I was so happy to read all the updates and see the pictures when I got back. I am so happy for you guys, and especially pleased to see what I always knew...Monica is a natural, and looks right at home being Gabriela's Mom. One request--can you post a recent picture of Papi and baby?

    Love and warmest wishes,
    Antoinette

     
  • At 4:35 PM, September 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi John and Monica. Just got the URL for your blog. She is SO beautiful. Congratulations - I can tell through the pictures what wonderful and devoted parents you will be!!!

    -- Jennifer Howard

     
  • At 6:56 PM, September 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations!! I have been reading all of the stories, and I am so excited for you. She is absolutely beautiful!

    I can not wait to see her in person. This is such an excititng time for you. I have been thinking of you as I have been in my Adoption training this past week in Sterling. :-)

    Love
    Jenna

     

Post a Comment

<< Home