Hodson's Colombian Adoption Journey

This blog will document our journey in beginning our family through a Parent-Initiated Adoption from ICBF in Colombia. We will mark the stages and key events along the way as well as blog frequently from Colombia after we receive the call of our lives.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

2nd Night a little more sleep



I first want to let everyone reading the blog how much we enjoy reading the comments that everyone has been writing. It's a little bit difficult that we aren't able to share a little of this time directly with our closest friends and family so everyone's warm and loving comments are really special for us. Keep em coming!

Yesterday Gabriela began feeling a little better although we had to take it easy on her tummy. We were invited to dinner at Monica's cousin's house here in Bogota and we had a wonderful meal with Jaime and his wife Rosario. Gabriela feel asleep just before dinner (late Colombian dinner) so didn't get to have any of the delicious steak and potatoes that we had. Jamie and Rosario have been so kind and very helpful for us and are very excited for Gabriela. The pictures here are from last night and one is with Gabriela, Monica, & Jamie; and the other is Gabriela sleeping in my lap at the dinner table.

Since Monica had to rush down here to Colombia so quickly last week, I ended up doing all of the shopping and stuff for Gabriela and that included all of her clothes. So please note the photo of her sleeping in her cool green shirt and kahki's.

Yesterday evening and so far this morning, she is feeling so much better. She is gulping down her bottles without problems, knapping in the late morning as she should, and in general her personality is coming out. She is very calm and playful and loves to see everything and try to copy us. Obviously she cries when she is ___________ (fill in the blank: hungry, sleepy, cold, hot, dirty, or wants Monica), but she is able to recover so much faster now that she is feeling better. She is also very comfortable now with both Monica and I and we are becoming much more comfortable with caring for her. That said, we are so very completely in love with her and we just stare at her and can't believe that this little angel is our daughter.

12 Comments:

  • At 1:21 PM, September 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We find ourselves constantly checking the blog to see the updates of how you all are doing. Sounds like everything is going great and she is adjusting well. From what I've experienced most babies don't fall asleep with just anyone and the fact that she seems to fall asleep so easily and quickly with you both means she feels secure and that connection is already there. :) Love the trendy outfit John! Hugs and kisses to you all. Oh, if at all possible, could you guys email me your phone # and the best time to call you if possible. Would love to chat for a bit, miss you guys!

    Love you three,
    Melli, Stephen & Anabella

     
  • At 4:01 PM, September 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been on the computer several times a day for the past few days checking on the updates. For me to be on the computer that much is something! Today is Spencer's birthday party so we'll have the computer on so everyone can see how everything's going. We get questions from our families often, so they'll be excited to see the blog. Gotta make macaroni now!

    Love you guys,

    Amie

     
  • At 4:09 PM, September 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm here at Circuit City --waiting while my husband decides on a digital camera for our own trip to Colombia. I thought I check in to see if you had posted any more news. We are so happy for you guys. She is so cute!!! I just want to reach through the computer and pinch those cheeks.

    We wish you continued success and joy. Any word on the cedula?

    Melinda

     
  • At 4:17 PM, September 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did I already say "Yea!"? Oh yeah, I guess I did. I'm just so excited for you. :)
    Love,
    Tio Jim

     
  • At 5:58 PM, September 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi guys! I went to the boatshow today and was thinking of you. I tried to get the pink jacket, but to no avail. I will find something else cool for Gabriela from Newport, though! Sorry I haven't been able to write more this past week, I have been reading the blog, but I was traveling for work. Wish you all the best and I keep watching for new photos - keep them coming! Love, Mary

     
  • At 9:00 PM, September 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just got off the phone with Karrie who wants me to tell you how happy she is for all three of you! Keep those pictures comming - I check the blog 2 or 3 times a day to see if you have any new posts.

    Love,
    Tia Beth

     
  • At 9:05 PM, September 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, just fair warning that when you get home you are going to have some explaining to do to Carlin who is rather miffed that you did not name Gabriele "Princess Dora" as she told you to ; )

    - beth

     
  • At 9:08 PM, September 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the baby!
    When do I get to see her in real life?

    Dylan

     
  • At 12:06 AM, September 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations proud parents!! We are thrilled for you. We can see how much you love her already.

    Carole and Tim

     
  • At 11:49 PM, September 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Mom & Dad!! Dave and I have also been checking your site quite often. It is so great that you have been documenting all of this. We're so happy for you. Thanks for sharing all these great moments - It's been very exciting for us to follow along. I hope all works out with the digital camera. I'll have to see if Dave has any bright ideas...

    Love Ya,

    Christine & Dave

     
  • At 10:10 PM, September 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You guys are naturals...all the waiting has paid off and then some! John, great job on the outfit, she looks adorable in it. And, isn't it the best when they sleep on your lap like that? It's the most peaceful feeling.

    Love,
    Mireya

     
  • At 4:15 PM, September 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    John, excellent job on the outfit! I bought these two pieces a little while ago for Kamilah, although she has not worn them together yet...hmmm, she have a new outfit combination! :-D

    Love,
    Antoinette

     

Post a Comment

<< Home