Hodson's Colombian Adoption Journey

This blog will document our journey in beginning our family through a Parent-Initiated Adoption from ICBF in Colombia. We will mark the stages and key events along the way as well as blog frequently from Colombia after we receive the call of our lives.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Busy Day & Good Day



Ok, so everyday is a good day right now, but today was a good day both because we had a wonderful time with Gabriela as always, but also because we accomplished a lot today.

We had our super early appointment with the Director of ICBF for Bogota this morning. It went very well and she asked us a few questions about how we were all getting along together. It was time for Gabriela's fruit snack, so Monica fed her while I held her in my lap there in her office. While Gabriela was eating her snack, she was laughing and showing how comfortable she is with us.

This morning at 8:00am we had our interview with the regional director of ICBF and it was a very nice short "chat" more than an interview. She asked us how Gabriela was doing and how we were doing with her and not much more. It was time for Gabriela's fruit so Monica and I fed her a mango snack right there in her office. So she was able to see how we are working as a team and see that we are all taking to each
other very well so far.

After the meeting, we did a little paper chasing at the home of our lawyer and then rounded up our full dossier for the courts and we headed downtown to the courts building. We were assigned to one of the courts (or judge) which our lawyer says som people don't always like him, but that she has a great working relationship with him and is pleased that he will be our judge.

Our lawyer also did tell us that not much will happen over the next two weeks or more, so if we want to head out to San Andres, Santa Marta, or Cartagena; now is the time to do it. We'll see how everything goes over the next few days and we'll look into a little family vacation.

I had some work today from the hotel in the afternoon so Monica took Gabriela to a pediatrician that was recommended by her cousin's wife. Monica and I wanted her to get a good checkup and she has seemed a little congested the last few days and we just wanted to get a qualified opinion on how she is progressing and her health. Monica really liked the doctor and Gabriela is in perfect health.

Here are Gabriela's latest stats:
Age: 6 Months 19 Days
Weight: 14.1 lbs (tiny little thing)
Length: 25.2 Inches

I am also just very happy to say that things are going very very well with us and Gabriela. She is an absolutely wonderful nina and everyone we meet is captivated by her calm and happy personality as well as those giant expressive eyes. She is sleeping through the night every night and we are getting better and better at giving her a working rutine of bottles, food, naps, & sleep. As we get better at these things, she is even more relaxed and happy.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:18 AM, September 20, 2006, Blogger Melinda said…

    Great pictures! She really is captivating -- love those Colombian eyes! WE'll check here for updates. I think you're right about posting here and not feeling like you should spend a lot of time posting everywhere.

    Praying for oyur continuerd success.

    Moises, Melinda & Mateo

     
  • At 10:30 AM, September 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow - Monica looks so at home feeding Gabriela, I got a little choked up when I saw the pictures. You both deserve this happiness and Gabriela is such a lucky little girl.

    Love,
    Tia Beth

    PS - Brian, I love all your comments you seem like such a proud grandfather! I have this image of you walking around passing out cigars.

     
  • At 12:36 PM, September 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, Monica looks beautiful and so radiant feeding her daughter. What a gorgeous picture. I can't believe how teary seeing that made me. I think I'm getting really emotional in my old age, LOL!

    I am so happy to hear that everything is going so smoothly and it is all falling into place. I think she must have been chosen to be yours long, long ago!

    She is just too cute for words. I love the picture of her smiling up at the doctor. How sweet. Glad she is healthy and doing so great. You guys sound like your doing a great job! But of course.

    I think I’m addicted to this blog. :o)

    -Kristy

     
  • At 4:40 PM, September 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love my niece, shes beautiful, just like mom. I can't wait to meet her!!!!!!! Alexandra and Amanda send a big kisses.

    Tia Maria

     
  • At 4:40 PM, September 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love my niece, shes beautiful, just like mom. I can't wait to meet her!!!!!!! Alexandra and Amanda send a big kisses.

    Tia Maria

     
  • At 4:40 PM, September 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love my niece, shes beautiful, just like mom. I can't wait to meet her!!!!!!! Alexandra and Amanda send a big kisses.

    Tia Maria

     
  • At 5:40 PM, September 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    John and Monica - and Gabriela, I cannot tell you how very happy I am to see your smiling faces! It brings tears to my eyes because I know how much you have wanted this wonderful child. I am anxiously awaiting the birth of Alex and Jennifer's son, Jacob. We'll be sending pictures as soon as he decides to make an appearance. Thank you for sharing this wonderful experience with me and with all of us.

    Love to you all, Cindy K.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home